BNN COVID-19 Resource Center
For informed businesses and healthy communities
The dynamic shifts in events globally, nationally, and in our hometowns have transformed our world in ways we could not have imagined. Our task force is here to keep you informed of technical updates for individuals and businesses alike so you can understand the changes and mitigate risk. We encourage you to bookmark this page and check back frequently. We will update this page as new information is available.
Dayton has more than 21 years of experience specializing in healthcare advisory services with a focus on hospitals, rural health clinics, physicians groups, home offices, nursing homes, and home health agencies.
Tax rules are changing. Let us explain.
Changes are happening quickly. We have already seen an extended payment deadline, followed quickly by an extended filing deadline. We are watching the changes minute by minute and will share them with you in simple terms, relevant to you, so you can stay informed, make decisions, and take action.
All COVID-19 Tax Articles:
- Payroll Tax Credits and Deferrals for Employers Offered Under the CARES Act
- The CARES Act and Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Net Operating Losses are Expanded
- Corporate Minimum Tax Credit Modifications
- Expansion of Allowed Losses for Non-Corporate Taxpayers
- Charitable Giving Opportunities are Expanded under the CARES Act
- Business Interest Limitation Modifications
- Temporary Waiver of Required Minimum Distribution Rules
- Retirement Funds – Penalty-Free Distributions and Loans
- Recovery Rebates: Direct Payments to Individuals
- Depreciable Life of Qualified Improvement Property
- The CARES Act Offers another SBA Loan Program
- COVID-19 – Potential Transfer Pricing Impact and How to Prepare
- CARES Act Summary by CCH
- IRS Q&A on the April 15 Filing and Payment Deferrals
- COVID-19 Loan Relief from the Small Business Administration
- No Tax Return Filing Reprieve for Nonprofits
- Tax Credit Provisions in Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201)
- Another Deferral – This Time, an April 15 Tax Filing Extension
- A Limited April 15 Tax Payment Extension
A burdened healthcare landscape.
The healthcare industry has been feeling ever-increasing pressure over the last few months as the impact of coronavirus spreads across the globe. Hospitals, healthcare organizations, and insurance providers are facing unprecedented challenges as they work to protect, treat, and stop the spread of COVID-19. Let our healthcare advisors help you translate and navigate the operational and financial implications for your organization.
Finding assurance amidst uncertainty.
There’s no denying that COVID-19 will have a staggering impact on your bottom line. Social distancing and quarantines are forcing businesses and organizations across the country to significantly limit their operations or close completely. If you’re struggling with how to best run your business during this uncertain time and wondering what recovery will look like, we are here to help.
There’s a lot of information out there. Here’s some that might help.
- Business & Industry Association of New Hampshire COVID-19 Resources
- Your local Chamber of Commerce website: In the best of times, local chambers are here to help their local businesses. Chambers throughout New England and beyond are sharing some great updates. Check them out and stay informed.
- Business programs through the Finance Authority of Maine
- Checklist for Securing Remote Workers from InfoTech Research Group
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
Business processes and supporting technologies are being challenged.
New challenges are rising daily across each industry. Reaction times may never have been as demanding as they are today. Our Business and Technology Advisory team is proactively assisting our clients with mitigating risks, keeping business flowing efficiently, and providing support with technology infrastructure. Let us help you refine and realize your plans – short and long term.
We will share all the tools we have at our disposal to make your reaction and business continuity stay ahead of this curve.
Have questions? Contact Ilona Davis, Business and Technology practice lead.
Doing our part to help our clients, colleagues, and friends stay safe under the threat of COVID-19
We also have an important job to do, as many of you have entrusted us with preparation of your tax returns, audits of your financial statements, and other services. Rest assured, we are going to fulfill our responsibilities, but the way we provide those services necessarily has changed somewhat in recent days, and it may change again.
The phrases “unprecedented times” and “social distancing” have become nomenclature for the world that surrounds us. At BNN, the phrases quality, responsiveness, timeliness, caring for others, and winning as a team are the fabric from which we were made. We will continue to be the trusted business partner you have come to rely on, especially during these challenging times.