STATE AND LOCAL TAX
Helping you navigate the complexities of SALT
From e-commerce to financial services and everything in between, today’s businesses are facing a new, uncertain frontier of tax planning and compliance at the state and local levels across different, and often multiple, jurisdictions.
Merrill has over 25 years of experience working in the tax field, including governmental, public company, and public accounting.
Multiple states, many municipalities, endless rules – we can help
Whether you are an individual or a business, mitigating your state and local tax liabilities in every market in which you may have filing responsibilities or other obligations can be daunting.
Why go it alone? Our team of highly-experienced, dedicated SALT professionals will guide you through this ever-shifting area with unparalleled technical expertise, vigilance, and responsiveness.
How we can help
- Income, franchise, gross receipts, and sales/use tax matters
- Tax nexus reviews
- Assistance with amnesty and voluntary disclosure programs
- Tax planning and compliance
- Assistance with state tax notices and audit defense
- Mergers and acquisition-related services
- Issues specific to inbound companies operating in the United States
- Unclaimed property
What our clients are saying
We really appreciate our Baker Newman Noyes team for their high standards, professionalism, and attention to customer service. We value the service BNN provides.