Real Estate & Construction
Strategic advisors for a growing industry
In an industry that’s always on the move, our practice provides the expertise you need to shape your financial landscape.
Andy has extensive experience working with family-owned and real estate businesses to facilitate success and growth as well as providing practical advice and creative solutions to the real estate and construction industry's most challenging business issues.
We are here to help you build your business
Real estate and construction are vital to a strong economy. We work closely with general contractors, commercial construction contractors, large residential developers, real estate owners, investors and specialty trade subcontractors to set the foundation for future growth and success. With experience in complex tax structures, financing alternatives, limited partnership structuring, and accounting methods, we have the expertise you need.
How we can help
- Indirect overhead cost rate audits
- Cost segregation and Section 263 expense studies
- Capitalization vs. expensing analysis under Section 263(a) rules
- Review of partnership / LLC agreements
- Reporting and calculations of Section 754 basis adjustments
- Like-Kind Exchanges and Involuntary Conversions
- Low-income housing projects
- Historic rehabilitation tax credits
- Planning for passive income / losses, basis, and at-risk rules
- Cybersecurity Assurance
What our clients are saying
Baker Newman Noyes provides us with excellent service and the personal and professional attention we need for our rapidly growing portfolio. BNN professionals have deep knowledge and insight into critical and complex real estate and partnership issues that help us make informed decisions. They are our trusted advisors and dedicated to meeting and exceeding our needs in a thorough, efficient, and creative manner.
CFO of a Maine real estate client with real estate holdings throughout the eastern United States