HHS Notice of Reporting Requirements for General and Targeted Distribution
On July 20, 2020, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) posted preliminary details on additional reporting requirements for the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) Provider Relief Fund General and Targeted Distributions. The notice is available here.
The notice informs Provider Relief Fund (PRF) recipients of the timing of future reporting requirements. Detailed instructions regarding these reports will be released by August 17, 2020.
The reporting instructions will provide directions on reporting obligations applicable to any provider that received a payment from the following CARES Act / PRF distributions.
- Initial Medicare Distribution
- Additional Medicare Distribution
- Medicaid, Dental and CHIP Distribution
- High Impact Area Distribution
- Rural Distribution
- Skilled Nursing Facilities Distribution
- Indian Health Service Distribution
- Safety Net Hospital Distribution
The reports will allow providers to demonstrate compliance with the terms and conditions. The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) plans to provide recipients with question and answer (Q&A) sessions via webinar in advance of the submission deadline.
Notice of timing of reports:
The reporting system will become available on October 1, 2020.
- Recipients must report within 45 days of the end of calendar year 2020 on their expenditures through the period ending December 31, 2020.
- Recipients who have expended funds in full prior to December 31, 2020 may submit a single final report at any time during the window that begins October 1, 2020, but no later than February 15, 2021.
- Recipients with funds unexpended after December 31, 2020 must submit a second and final report no later than July 31, 2021.
- Detailed reporting instructions and a data collection template with the necessary data elements will be available through the HRSA website by August 17, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING:
Eric Wetherell, CPA: Principal and Healthcare Advisory Group Leader
Denis Houle: Senior Manager, Healthcare Advisory Group
Disclaimer of Liability: This publication is intended to provide general information to our clients and friends. It does not constitute accounting, tax, investment, or legal advice; nor is it intended to convey a thorough treatment of the subject matter.