Distributions from Private Foundations: Rules, Pitfalls, and Best Practices
The rules governing grants and other distributions from private foundations are complex, and the penalties for noncompliance can be significant. Topics covered include:
- How the mandatory 5% distributable amount is calculated
- What types of distributions qualify (or not) toward meeting the payout requirement
- The penalties and taxes that can apply if the rules are not followed
- Internal procedures that can help a private foundation stay in compliance
- How these rules intersect with the myriad other provisions affecting private foundations
If you would like to view this webinar, click here to contact us.
BNN Events and publications are intended to provide general information to our clients and friends. It does not constitute accounting, tax, or legal advice; nor is it intended to convey a thorough treatment of the subject matter. The content included here is accurate as of the date it was published. Please contact Baker Newman Noyes for additional assistance.