Patrick Morin, CPA, CISA, CISM, CITP
Pat began at Baker Newman Noyes in 1995 when the firm was founded, having previously been with one of our predecessor organizations since 1988. Pat is a principal of the firm and the director of the risk and business advisory practice.
In addition to providing leadership to the firm in his director role, he specializes in information technology controls, data extraction and analysis, financial institutions, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and AICPA’s SOC for Service Organizations (SOC 1® and SOC 2®). Pat also has specialized expertise in healthcare IT, particularly in the areas of HIPAA and HITECH.
Pat earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Maine, Orono. He has authored the AICPA’s SOC reporting education courses since 2017.
- Advanced SOC for Service Organizations, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
- Certified Information Systems Auditor, ISACA
- Certified Information Technology Professional, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, North America Corporate Governance and Risk Management Committee of Baker Tilly International
- Board Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association Maine Chapter
- Member, Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Member, Information Systems Security Administration
- Member, Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, AICPA’s Information Management and Technology Assurance Section
- Participant, AICPA and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Security Trust & Assurance Registry’s (STAR) joint initiative for leveraging the SOC 2 framework for STAR certification
- Board Member, Greater Portland Landmarks
- Board Member, Girl Scouts of Maine
- 2010 Muncie Gold Award for outstanding service to members, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- 2008 Robert H. Reeves Silver Award for outstanding service to members, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- 2005 Follmer Award for outstanding service to members, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- 2005 Yerger Award for outstanding member service, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Maine Chapter
- 2003 Yerger Award for Outstanding Improvement, Healthcare Financial Management Association, Maine Chapter
Pat enjoys gardening, and working on his 19th century home. He is married with one son and two daughters.
- SOC for Cybersecurity
- Distributed Ledger Technology
- FFIEC Cybersecurity Assessment Tool
- Cyber Crime Update 2016
- Cloud Computing: Keeping Your Data Safe
- Trends in Information Systems and Related Compliance Considerations
- Identify and mitigate risk throughout your business
- Changing Contact Information with Financial Institutions
- Are You Ready for the HIPAA Omnibus Rule September 23rd Deadline?
- Don’t worry so much about PCI-DSS compliance!
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards
- 5 Recommendations for Mobile Computing Devices in the Workplace