Nicholas Porto, CPA, MSA
Nick is a senior manager in the tax practice at Baker Newman Noyes specializing in tax-exempt organization compliance services for public charities and private foundations of all sizes throughout Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts and New York. Areas of extensive focus include Form 990, 990-PF, 990-T, related state and federal returns, hospital and healthcare compliance with 501(r), private non-operating foundation concerns and new regulations related to 509(a)(3) supporting organizations. He also has significant experience resolving IRS and State notices for the benefit of tax-exempt clients.
Nick has been with the firm since 2010, having previously worked for three years at a regional public accounting firm in Southern Maine.
An Honors College graduate, Nick earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Master of Science in accounting from the University of Maine, Orono.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
Volunteer / Service Activities
- Board Member & Treasurer, Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland
- Board Member & Assistant Treasurer, University of Maine Alumni Chapter of Southern Maine
- Alumnus of the Lift360’s ICL Leadership Intensive, Omega Class
- Former Board Member & Treasurer, Freeport Shakespeare Festival
Hobbies / Other
Nick enjoys being active and exercising, reading and riding his motorcycle.