Jeff Skaggs, CPA
Jeff is a principal at Baker Newman Noyes, specializing in delivering audit services to banks, trusts, financial services firms, the not-for-profit industry and employee benefit plans clients. Jeff has been with the firm since its founding in 1995, having previously worked at one of our predecessor companies since 1990. In addition to serving clients, Jeff has presented and been published numerous times on current accounting and industry topics, and frequently conducts in-house training sessions for the firm.
Jeff earned a Bachelor of Science degree, with Honors, in Accounting, from the University of Maine, Orono.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Association of Non Profits
- Member, New Hampshire Center of Non Profits
- Member, Maine Employee Benefits Council
- Member, Financial Managers Society Boston Chapter
Volunteer / Service Activities
- Treasurer of the Board & Past Chairman, Maine Audubon
- Past Assistant Treasurer, Investment Committee Member & Board Member, Boys & Girls Club of Southern Maine
- Past Member of the Finance Committee, Western Mountain Foundation
Hobbies / Other
Jeff is married with three children and enjoys spending time outdoors.
- Risk Participation Agreement - What’s that?
- Regulatory Impact of New Accounting Standards
- New Guidance on Financial Instruments Finalized
- CECL Effective Date Determined
- Q & A on Expected Credit Losses
- Welcome Revisions to OMB Circular A-133
- Finally! Not-for-Profit Cash Flow Answers
- Relief for Small HUD Lenders
- Highlights from the 2012 AICPA National Conference on Banks & Savings Institutions
- Possible Relief for Private Company Financial Reporting?
- FASB Requires Changes to Comprehensive Income Reporting
- Accounting and Regulatory Hot Topics for Banks & Financial Institutions
- Allowance for Credit Losses