Leanne Scott, JD, LL.M.
Leanne is a senior manager in the firm’s Boston tax practice, specializing in the state and local taxation of businesses and individuals. She works with multiple areas of state and local taxation, including income, franchise, and gross receipts taxes, sales and use tax, premium tax, and other tax types. Leanne’s experience includes tax consulting, multi-state tax planning, tax controversies, credits and incentives, and return preparation and review.
Prior to joining the firm in 2018, Leanne previously served as the director of state and local taxes for a Boston-based financial services and insurance company. She also spent fifteen years with various public accounting firms.
In addition to serving clients, Leanne is a frequent author and speaker. She has also regularly conducted internal trainings for colleagues on a variety of state and local tax topics.
Leanne earned a bachelor’s degree, cum laude, in history from Louisiana State University. She then earned a juris doctor from Emory University School of Law and, later, a LL.M. in taxation from Boston University School of Law.
- Member, Massachusetts Department of Revenue Advisory Council
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member & Supporting Fellow, Boston Bar Association (Former Co-Chair of Tax Section, Former Co-Chair of State & Local Tax Committee & Former Member of Tax Section Steering Committee)
- Associate Member, Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Board Vice-President & Chair of Governance Committee, The Marble Collection, Inc.
Leanne enjoys reading, traveling, spending time with family and friends, yoga, Pilates, and watching college football. She has two cats.
- State & Local Tax Hot Topics for the Banking Industry
- Upcoming Changes to the Massachusetts Sales/Use Tax Economic Nexus Provisions
- The New Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave Law – What Should Employers be Doing Now?
- Apply Now for the 2018 Massachusetts Life Sciences Tax Incentive Program
- State & Local Tax Considerations at Year-End