The craft beverage practice at Baker Newman Noyes (BNN) consists of providing tax, audit and business advisory services for breweries and distilleries in New England. Our craft brewery clients range in size from 2,500 to 75,000 barrel production. Our clients also participate in the hospitality industry through their restaurant and brewpub activities.
Our firm is a member of the Brewers Association and our experts have participated on AICPA Task Forces related to Craft Beverage Tax Issues.
Our professionals offer the following services in addition to our standard tax compliance and auditing services:
- Business transaction, succession planning and mergers and acquisitions
- Capital expenditure review
- Employee benefit plan services
- Estate planning
- Foreign tax considerations
- Green and energy efficiency initiatives
- Inventory and costing review
- State and local tax consulting
- State sales tax and nexus review
Our approach stresses team commitment – our principals and managers are actively involved, giving you access to their experience and ability. Successful relationships are built on more than tax planning and compliance. We believe that a responsible professional maintains an active and ongoing interest in all areas of a client’s business.
Related Resources (Read More in Our Library)
- A guide to tax breaks for breweries
- Craft tax savings for breweries with the federal R&D credit
- Massachusetts Revises its Research and Development Credit
- Research and Development Credit Explained
Matt is a senior manager in the tax practice and leads the firm’s craft beverage practice, specifically to provide business advisory and tax services to the growing industry.