A Message to New Hampshire Licensed Health Care Providers Regarding Financial Reporting
Brett Seekins, Healthcare Consulting Senior Manager
The State of New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services Office of Improvement and Integrity issued a letter to all licensed health care facilities on March 1, 2011 informing them of the financial reporting requirements effective January 1, 2011 under Administrative Rule He-C 1550 (see link below).
The letter, issued by the Office of Improvement Administrator Stephen J. Mosher, reminds facilities licensed under RSA 151:2 that financial data is required to be submitted to the Department by each health care facility receiving payments of $500,000 or more of state and/or federal funds in the previous fiscal year. The Administrative Rule also discusses what a health care facility should do if they are under the stated threshold.
Other important selected matters discussed in He-C 1550 are as follows:
- Deadlines for submission of financial data
- Submission of filed and settled Medicare and/or Medicaid cost reports
- Definition of Health Care Facility
- Definition of Financial Data
- Extension requests if an HCF in unable to meet a specific deadline
- Monetary penalties should an HCF be noncompliant
Please read the entire Administrative Rule He-C 1550 for full disclosure of the Department’s policy and compliance expectations.