Nickolas Ireland, CPA
Nick began his career at Baker Newman Noyes in 2000. He is a managing director in the firm’s audit practice, specializing in financial institutions, commercial businesses and employee benefit plans. He leads the firm’s Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) Task Force and is a frequent speaker and author on a variety of topics related to CECL.
Nick earned a bachelor’s degree, magna cum laude, in accounting with a minor in statistics from Plymouth State University.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Financial Mangers Society, Boston Chapter
- Past Executive Board Member, Treasurer & Finance Committee Chair, Cancer Community Center
- Past Treasurer & Executive Board Member, Portland Chamber of Commerce
- Past Treasurer, Portland Political Action Committee
- Volunteer, United Way of Greater Portland
Nick is married with one daughter and enjoys traveling, fishing and spending time at his waterfront cabin.
- BNN Research Report: Implementing the Current Expected Credit Loss Standard
- CECL: Remaining Life Method
- FASB Wants to Provide More Runway for Private Banks to Implement CECL
- Proposed Regulatory Relief of the Day-One Effect of Implementing CECL
- Federal Banking Agencies Issue Final Ruling on the Extension of Certain Capital Rule Transitions
- Manageable CECL Implementation Timeline
- FASB Votes to Proceed with the Final CECL Standard
- Lease Accounting – FASB Has Finalized the Effective Date
- The 2014 AICPA Banking Conference
- Deferred Compensation – Tax, Accounting and Regulatory Considerations
- The 2013 Banking Conference: Working Toward Greater Transparency and Accountability
- Banks Obtain Some Relief with Revised Exposure Draft Addressing Leases
- Lease Accounting Rules Are About to Change….Get Ready!