Nancy Hawes, CPA
Nancy began with Baker Newman Noyes when the firm was founded in 1995, having previously worked at one of our predecessor companies since 1988. She is a director in the firm’s tax practice specializing in serving financial institutions, manufacturers, small businesses and employee benefit plans.
Nancy earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of New Hampshire, as well as an M.A. and Ph.D. from The Ohio State University in Audiology. Prior to her accounting career, Nancy spent time as an audiology professor.
She completed Accounting coursework at Auburn University and the University of Massachusetts.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Employee Benefits Council
Volunteer / Service Activities
- Treasurer, The BTS Center (formerly Bangor Theological Seminary)
- Past Board of Directors & Finance Committee Chair, The Iris Network
- Past President & various positions at the Club and Rotary District level, Rotary Club of South Portland & Cape Elizabeth, Maine
- Past Board Member, Portland Players
- Member, First Congregational Church, South Portland, Maine
Hobbies / Other
Nancy enjoys travel, figure skating and cheering for the Boston Red Sox!
- Deducting Meals and Entertainment
- “The Prevailing Standards of Nonconformity”
- Deferred Compensation – Tax, Accounting and Regulatory Considerations
- Maine Capital Investment Credit for Financial Institutions – Too Good to Be True!
- Fixed Asset Purchases in 2013 – What Are the Tax Breaks?
- Surprising IRS Decision Regarding Deductibility of OREO Expenses