Jean McDevitt Bullens, JD, EA, CFP®
Jean joined Baker Newman Noyes in 2001. She is a Principal in BNN’s Tax Division specializing in income tax planning and compliance for individuals, trusts and estates. She also has expertise in gift and estate tax compliance, and personal financial planning including charitable giving, education funding and retirement planning. In addition to serving clients, Jean is also a member of the BNN Women’s Committee.
Jean earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from Tufts University, and a J.D., Cum Laude, from the University of Maine School of Law.
- Member, Maine State Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Past President & Past Board Member, Maine Estate Planning Council
- Member, National Association of Enrolled Agents
- Member, Boston Estate Planning Council
Volunteer / Service Activities
- Board Member & Treasurer, Hardy Girls Healthy Women
- Past Board Member, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Southern Maine
- Class of 2014-2015, Lift360 Leadership Intensive Program
- Member, Cumberland County YMCA Heritage Club Committee
Hobbies / Other
Jean enjoys travel, hiking, and photography.
- Tax Planning for Individuals after the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- When the IRS Comes Calling - Or Is It Really a Scam?
- IRS Clarifies: Deductibility of Administration Expenses for Estates and Non-Grantor Trust
- TCJA Impact on Post Term QPRT Planning
- The Estate Tax Portability Triple Mulligan
- Treasury Department Issues Highly Anticipated Proposals Limiting Valuation Discounts
- Are Strings Attached to that Purse? How to Know if a Gift is Taxable (or Reportable!)
- Should I Document Gifts that are Below the Annual Gift Tax Exclusion Amount?
- Fifty Nifty United States: State Income Taxation of Trusts
- Trust and Estate Expenses: Deductibility Under Final Treasury Regulations
- 2013 Year in Review: DOMA Ruling Changes Taxation Landscape
- Tax Reporting of Fees to Personal Representatives and Trustees
- 3.8% “Medicare Surtax” Encourages Us to Revisit an Old Friend – The 65-Day Rule
- A Roadmap for Refunds
- Some Taxpayers Remain Eligible to File Amended 2009 Income Tax Returns
- More Guidance Issued on Tax Impact of DOMA Ruling
- Tax Impact of the DOMA Ruling
- Possible Elimination of Increased Gift Tax Exclusion – What’s a Taxpayer to Do?