E. Drew Cheney, CPA, JD, LL.M.
A principal in the tax practice at Baker Newman Noyes, Drew specializes in serving employee benefit plans and tax-exempt organizations of all sizes. He has been with the firm since its founding in 1995. Drew previously served a five year term on our management committee. He is a regular author of the BNN Employee Benefits Blog.
Drew earned a bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College, a juris doctor from Cornell Law School, and a Master of Laws in taxation from Boston University School of Law.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Board Member, Maine Employee Benefits Council
- Member, Maine Estate Planning Council
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association
Volunteer / Service Activities
- Preble Street
Hobbies / Other
Drew enjoys reading and running. He is married and has one son and one daughter.
- New Guidance on Tax Reform’s Impact on Parking: A Summary for Tax-Exempt Employers
- New Guidance on Tax Reform’s Impact on Parking: A Summary for Taxable Employers
- Tax Deductibility of Meals and Entertainment Expenses
- How Compensation and Benefits are Changed by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Bank Private Foundations—An Overview
- The March 31 Deadline for the Individual Health Insurance Mandate Is Fast Approaching
- Obama Administration Announces One-Year Delay of Employer Mandate Under Affordable Care Act
- New Proposed Regulations under Section 501(r) for Tax-Exempt Hospitals
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from IRAs: Limited Window of Time to Obtain Tax Benefit for 2012
- Taxability of Employer-Provided Educational Assistance
- IRS Launches New Online Tool for Obtaining Information Regarding Exempt Organizations
- IRS Announces Two-Month Suspension of E-Filing for Form 990 Filers and Offers Automatic Extension
- IRS Introduces Section 409A Document Correction Program
- Employee Cell Phones Generally Are Now Nontaxable
- IRA and SSA Release 2012 Inflation Adjustments