With more than 20 years of unique experience solving complex international tax and reporting issues, Ciarán is well-known for his exceptional client service. He has worked in the U.S., UK, and Australia - at times managing employees staffed in more than 70 countries - advising clients across the continuum of individual and employer tax issues, including Streamline and Voluntary Disclosure programs, tax efficient compensation, and risk and process improvements. Through a team approach, he fosters long-term, trusted client relationships that focus on sustainable growth and proactive planning.
At BNN, Ciarán is a senior manager in the tax practice specializing in tax planning and compliance for individuals and businesses. He also has experience with compensation management and equity and rewards. Ciarán frequently helps clients navigate issues related to international payroll and reporting, senior executive compensation, employee tax treatment, and employer reporting and withholding. Businesses and individuals turn to him for help with:
- Individual tax management – how to put your best foot forward when managing your relationship with tax authorities
- Expatriate tax management - how to effectively meet your employer and employee obligations
- Global mobility management - how to deliver on what your business is trying to achieve
- Service efficiency and effectiveness - how to reduce the administrative challenges for global operations
- Risk management - how to reduce your risk from having internationally mobile employees
Ciarán attended school in the UK where he earned a degree from St. Columba’s College and a Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree from the London School of Economics. He also completed a legal practice course at the College of Law, UK.
- Member, Australian Human Resources Institute
- Member, Forum for Expatriate Management
- Member, Employee Mobility Institute