C. Dayton Benway
Dayton provides leadership to the firm as a principal and director of the healthcare consulting practice. He has more than 20 years of experience in providing reimbursement services to hospitals, rural health clinics, physicians groups, home offices, nursing homes, and home health agencies. Dayton is actively involved with third-party cost reports, provider-based assessments, pricing assessments, operational evaluations, third-party reimbursement reviews, exception requests, and regulatory appeals for both Medicare and Medicaid. Recently, Dayton has been involved in the survey and certification of freestanding and hospital based rural health clinics.
Dayton is an alumnus of the Institute for Civic Leadership, Maine. The Institute enhances Greater Portland’s civic capacity by training and supporting a network of skilled leaders, building cross-sector relationships and providing ongoing resources and facilitative leadership.
Prior to joining Baker Newman Noyes, Dayton was a Medicare auditor with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), formerly Health Care Finance Administration. Dayton was responsible for the final settlement of field audits and desk reviews of hospitals, long-term care facilities, home health agencies, and home offices throughout New England. Additionally, Dayton was on the Medicare policy committee and was involved with the interpretation and application of CMS regulations for the entire provider community.
Dayton earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Southern Maine.
- Chapter Advancement Team, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Region 1 Treasurer, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Region 1 Past Regional Executive, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Maine Chapter Past President, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Treasurer, Casco Bay Arena
- Treasurer, Lift360
- Secretary, Freeport Coastal Waters Commission
- Muncie Gold, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Reeves Silver, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Follmer Bronze, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Medal of Honor, Healthcare Financial Management Association
Hobbies / Other
Dayton enjoys boating and golf with his son.