C. Dayton Benway
Dayton provides leadership to the firm as the managing principal and director of the healthcare advisory group. Dayton joined Baker Newman Noyes (BNN) in 2000 as a staff member in the healthcare consulting practice. Throughout his career at the firm he has led business development efforts to grow the practice into one of the premier healthcare advisory groups in the Northeast. Prior to his election as managing principal he served as the director of healthcare consulting and sat on the firm’s Management Committee.
Dayton has more than 21 years of experience specializing in healthcare advisory services with a focus on hospitals, rural health clinics, physicians groups, home offices, nursing homes, and home health agencies. Dayton is actively involved with third-party cost reports, provider-based assessments, pricing assessments, operational evaluations, third-party reimbursement reviews, exception requests, and regulatory appeals for both Medicare and Medicaid.
Dayton is an alumnus of the Institute for Civic Leadership, Maine. The Institute enhances Greater Portland’s civic capacity by training and supporting a network of skilled leaders, building cross-sector relationships and providing ongoing resources and facilitative leadership.
Prior to joining BNN, Dayton was a Medicare auditor with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), where he was responsible for the final settlement of field audits and desk reviews of hospitals, long-term care facilities, home health agencies, and home offices throughout New England.
Dayton earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Southern Maine.
- Chapter Advancement Team, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Region 1 Treasurer, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Region 1 Past Regional Executive, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Maine Chapter Past President, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Treasurer, Casco Bay Arena
- Treasurer, Lift360
- Secretary, Freeport Coastal Waters Commission
- Muncie Gold, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Reeves Silver, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Follmer Bronze, Healthcare Financial Management Association
- Medal of Honor, Healthcare Financial Management Association
Hobbies / Other
Dayton enjoys boating and golf with his son.