Environmental, Social, and Governance Resource Center
How will ESG impact your business?
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations look different for every business. ESG metrics evaluate the extent to which an organization progresses goals beyond their role to maximize profits on behalf of shareholders.
Pat specializes in AICPA’s SOC for Service Organizations (SOC 1® and SOC 2®), Sarbanes-Oxley Act, information technology controls, and data extraction and analysis. Pat also leads the firm’s ESG-related services, assisting clients with ESG planning and reporting efforts.
Is your organization considering your ESG approach? Contact our team to learn how we can support you through the process.
Navigating risks and opportunities, and informing strategy decisions
Identifying and measuring ESG goals can be challenging. Our team is closely monitoring changes in the ESG space and can help you understand what approach and metrics are relevant to your business, so you can stay informed, make decisions, and take action.
We can help you:
- Understand what ESG is and how it could impact your business
- Navigate ESG risks and opportunities
- Select and implement new technologies available for ESG reporting, or learn how to leverage your existing systems
- Develop strategies for governance and oversight
- Understand the value ESG can bring to your organization
- Report validation and attestiation
- Assess audit readiness
- Perform a gap analysis
- Develop reporting and disclosures
- Assess eligibility for ESG tax credits
Lessons Learned from the Field
Overall, as with any kind of corporate or financial reporting, being prepared to record, track and access the necessary data will be essential to provide relevant and reliable ESG reporting. Accordingly, organizations, both small and large, found it useful to seek help from experienced advisors, particularly those who could help identify trends and measurable data in existing reporting that could be mapped to the selected framework.
Pat Morin, ESG: Lessons learned from the field, Novemeber 3, 2022