BNN Healthcare Consulting Educational Offerings
I. Medical Coding Course
This course will be offered to provide students with a working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9-CM and HCPCS coding used in the professional medical setting. The students will participate with hands-on coding including evaluation and management services, diagnostic testing, diagnostic coding and surgical procedures.
This fast-paced course is intended to provide those familiar with medical billing/coding to gain a thorough understanding of the medical coding process. The curriculum is also structured to prepare the student for national coding certification. The prerequisite requirements for this course are at least 2 years experience with ICD-9-CM and CPT coding. The program outline includes:
- Hands-on coding
- Workbook exercises
- Preparation for coding certification
- Proficiency exam
Why attend the course?
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, an estimated 35,000 new coding related jobs will be available before 2018. This represents a 20% increase in the field, which is a higher rate of growth than average for other occupations.
“As the baby-boomers retire, there will be an increasing demand for all healthcare services, including medical coding. This demand will create a favorable job market.”
Employers: How will this benefit you?
- Effective and efficient coders are essential to the financial success of a practice, helping physicians maximize accurate and timely reimbursements.
- As medical practices continue to encounter outside pressure from governmental and third party payers, and increased audits and higher operating expenses, the importance of employing experienced coders with a proven knowledge of coding and billing skills has never been greater.
- Certified, professional coders ensure correct coding upfront before the claim is submitted and prevent lengthy claim follow-up and denial management. Appropriately coded claims are reimbursed more efficiently and physicians receive reimbursement for the services they render in a timely manner.
- Under the Medicare Modernization Act, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) recommends that physicians employ certified coders.
- A certified coder can ensure that Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance are in compliance.
Click here for the registration form.
Revenue Management Team
The faculties of the Knowledge Hub are professionals who have served in the healthcare industry for most of their careers. Maggie Fortin, Elaine MacLeod, Hayat Freeman-Lutes, and Dianne Rodrigue all bring specialized expertise to these sessions tailored to the audience, as opposed to “cookie-cutter” lectures.
For more information, please contact the BNN Knowledge Hub at
(800) 244-7444, ext. 7580