Eleanor Baker, CPA, JD, LL.M., PFS
Ellie Baker is one of the founders of Baker Newman Noyes, having previously been with KPMG, one of our predecessor companies since 1977. She specializes in taxation and personal financial consulting for high wealth individuals and families.
Ellie earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Maine, a J.D. from the University of Maine School of Law, and an LL.M. in Taxation from Boston University School of Law. She also holds the Personal Financial Specialist designation.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
Volunteer / Service Activities
- Vice Chair, Maine Public Broadcasting Network
- Trustee, University of Maine School of Law Foundation
- Trustee, Finance Committee Chair & Executive Committee Member, Portland Symphony Orchestra
- Board of Governors, Portland Country Club
- Past Campaign Co-Chair, United Way of Greater Portland
- 2013 Deborah Morton Award, University of New England
- 2013 Crystal Heart Award, American Heart Association
- Public Service Award, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Distinguished Service Award, University of Maine School of Law Alumni Association
- Women of Distinction Honoree, Kennebec Council of Girl Scouts
- Maine Business Hall of Fame, Junior Achievement
- Tribute to Women in Industry Honoree, YWCA
Hobbies / Other
Ellie loves tennis and golf. She enjoys spending time with her family — she is married with one daughter and one step-daughter.