E. Drew Cheney, CPA, JD, LL.M.
A principal in the tax practice at Baker Newman Noyes, Drew specializes in serving employee benefit plans and tax-exempt organizations of all sizes. He has been with the firm since its founding in 1995. In addition to serving clients, Drew provides leadership to the firm by serving on our management committee. He is a regular author of the BNN Employee Benefits Blog.
Drew earned a bachelor’s degree from Dartmouth College, a juris doctor from Cornell Law School, and a Master of Laws in taxation from Boston University School of Law.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Maine Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Association
- Member, Maine Employee Benefits Council
- Member, Maine Estate Planning Council
- Member, Healthcare Financial Management Association
Volunteer / Service Activities
- Preble Street
Hobbies / Other
Drew enjoys reading and running. He is married and has one son and one daughter.
- Tax Deductibility of Meals and Entertainment Expenses
- How Compensation and Benefits are Changed by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Bank Private Foundations—An Overview
- The March 31 Deadline for the Individual Health Insurance Mandate Is Fast Approaching
- Obama Administration Announces One-Year Delay of Employer Mandate Under Affordable Care Act
- New Proposed Regulations under Section 501(r) for Tax-Exempt Hospitals
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from IRAs: Limited Window of Time to Obtain Tax Benefit for 2012
- Taxability of Employer-Provided Educational Assistance
- IRS Launches New Online Tool for Obtaining Information Regarding Exempt Organizations
- IRS Announces Two-Month Suspension of E-Filing for Form 990 Filers and Offers Automatic Extension
- IRS Introduces Section 409A Document Correction Program
- Employee Cell Phones Generally Are Now Nontaxable
- IRA and SSA Release 2012 Inflation Adjustments